Thursday, February 16, 2012

Slab Box




Here is the slab box I made. I started off by cutting out 6" x 6" square slabs of clay. After I cut out 6 slabs, I started slipping and scoring the sides together to create a box. After the box shape was created, I decided to decorate each side of the box will something nice. One side has a smiling sun, another side has a palm tree, the other side has a heart, and the last side has a flower. The handle of the box is unique because it is shaped like a rose, kind of like the handles of my pinch pot. Once I finished decorating the rides, it was fired once in the kiln. When it came out, I decided to make it all pretty and colorful and added the low fire glaze. As you can see, my pinch pot came out very colorful and the glaze turned out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment