Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mug

This is the mug I made in ceramics.
It is pink and has an orange head on the front of it.
I made this mug by first cutting out a circle for the base of the mug.
After I did that, I wrapped a slab of clay in something cylinder shaped then slideed it out so it would be the width of the cylinder shaped thing. After I had my hollow tube, I sliped and scored it onto the base then I added a handle to it. (as you can see, the handle did not turn out as good as I expected).
After I had my template for my mug, I just made a cat head and stuck it onto the mug to add some taste. I also made thin strips on the side so it is kind of 3d on the sides. After the first firing, I glazed my mug with the low fire glaze. I made the main part of it pink, the strips white, and the cat orange. When it came out of the kiln after the second firing, the main part of the mug came out nicely glazed but unfortunately, only part of the cat was glazed/ but it still looks fine. No, I do not plan on actually drinking out of this, I'm pretty sure it's not stable enough and will fall apart. Thanks for coming to my blog/ I hope you come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment