Friday, November 18, 2011

Wire Sculpture: Bear

The first thing we made in Ceramics class are wire animal sculptures with paper mache.  I decided to make this bear. It about 8 inches tall and it can stand on all four legs. The first thing I did was make a three dimensional head. Afterward, I make the body of it separately and attached the two parts together. Once the wiring was complete, I got some ripped up newspapers and pasted it on parts of the wire with paper mache paste until the whole bear was covered in paper mache. As you can see, there is no negative space left. Once everything dried, I painted this bear brown but for some odd reason, it turned out a grayish color. I decided to take a colorful approach so I painted the ears and feet pink. The eyes and other facial features are painted on.  It's face expression looks very smiley and happy. Does it really look like a bear? Please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment